From New York Post
November 15, 2007
Hillary Clinton certainly knows how to read the polls - especially ones showing overwhelming public opposition to Gov. Spitzer's now-aborted plan to let illegal aliens get driver's licenses. ...
But that's not what she's been saying.
In fact, it comes just two weeks after her campaign declared that "Sen. Clinton supports governors like Gov. Spitzer who believe they need such a measure to deal with the crisis caused by this administration's failure to pass comprehensive immigration reform." ...
In fact, it has never been all that easy, given her public statements, to figure out exactly where Clinton stood on this contentious issue. ...
Not until the last Democratic debate, on Oct. 30, was she forced to speak to the issue directly. And when she did, she gave several different answers - each more confusing than the last. ...
[H]illary responded the best way she knows how: by accusing her rivals - and debate moderator Tim Russert - of "piling on" against her because she's a woman. ...
Not until Eliot Spitzer pulled the plug yesterday was Hillary ready to say what she really thought - yesterday, anyway.
So, let us be clear, even if the senator can't be: Hillary Clinton lacks principles. ...
[W]hen things don't go according to the neat little script that Team Clinton has crafted for this campaign, watch out - the candidate simply unravels. ...
If Hillary Clinton can't even cope with a relatively simple challenge - answering a tough question at a campaign debate without panicking and losing her cool - how on earth does she hope to deal with people like Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and North Korea's Kim Jong-Il?
Accusing Iran of leading a global pile-on against her sure won't solve the problem.
To View The Entire Article, Please Visit: http://www.nypost.com/seven/11152007/postopinion/editorials/hillary_in_the_headlights_542916.htm
A Product Of The RNC Research Department
Thursday, November 15, 2007
From New York Post
- Abortion (2)
- Advertisement (2)
- Agricultural Policy (1)
- Attack on Clinton (6)
- Attack on Huckabee (1)
- Attack on Obama (2)
- Attack on Romney (1)
- Biography (1)
- Campaign Finance Reform (1)
- Campaign Tactics (1)
- Christmas (2)
- DNC Research Department (13)
- Economy (4)
- Education (1)
- Endorsement (1)
- Friends of Fred (1)
- Friends of Fred Thompson (23)
- General Message (1)
- Hillary Clinton for President (8)
- Iraq (3)
- Joe Biden (22)
- John Edwards for President (35)
- John McCain 2008 (5)
- Join Rudy 2008 (10)
- Kucinich for President (9)
- Mitt Romney (12)
- Obama for America (13)
- Organization (1)
- Personal Statement (2)
- Public Oversight (1)
- Richardson for President (17)
- RNC Research Department (29)
- Tours (1)
- In Remarks at DNC Fall Meeting, Obama Pledges to D...
- In Case You Missed It: Same Old Bill
- Statement by Communications Director Todd Harris
- ROMNEY AND SANCTUARY CITIES
- HILLARY'S GLASS HOUSE
- JOHN MCCAIN 2008 LAUNCHES NEW TELEVISION AD IN NEW...
- OPRAH WINFREY TO TOUR EARLY STATES WITH BARACK OBA...
- Richardson: "Honoring picket line is more importan...
- THE BLAIR SWITCH PROJECT
- “PLANTS FOR HILLARY” TAKES ROOT TODAY
- Apparently Kerik-Gate Has Taught Them Nothing. . ....
- Hillary In The Headlights
- VEGAS DODGEBALL TOURNAMENT: W2W4
- Actor/Activist Tony Plana to Serve as National Mi ...
- Hillary Calls 'Time Out'
- OBAMA UNVEILS INNOVATION AGENDA AT GOOGLE
- Richardson Campaign Statement on Senator Biden's C...
- ▼ November (17)